Hi everybody! Welcome to the month of June. I don’t know about you, but summer hasn’t really arrived for me, yet. It feels a lot more like April, but no doubt that will change soon! In the meantime, the Site5 team has completed another month of supporting our customers, enhancing services, and working on ways to improve your Site5 experience.
Here’s a recap of what we have been working on:
- We spent a lot of effort improving uptime across our server fleet, ensuring we can protect against the types of usage spikes we saw with the well detailed WordPress attacks. New modules were written and deployed, as were new kernels.
- Site5 has welcomed two more people onto the team, but we are still hiring spree! There are multiple positions currently open, including two seeking 10am to 6pm coverage which is perfect for those of you in North America and South America! If you want to work at Site5, please head over to our Careers page and apply for a position! I joined Site5 just a few months ago, and the difference between Site5 and other employers really is something to behold.
- Our WordPress themes team released Fizz. Fizz is a terrific WordPress theme for a business website, but works well as a more professional-looking personal site as well.
- We made shared, reseller, and VPS hosting available in Bucharest, Romania! Tom already blogged about that here. We are very excited about this new location, and the state of the art facility that hosts our infrastructure.
And here are updates for some ongoing projects:
- Our new billing system is starting to look like something special! Our development team has moved from working on the basics, to starting work on the niceties that will really make this new solution shine.
- Work has started on upgrading to Passenger 4, which will make it possible for us to offer multiple versions of Ruby at one time.
- CloudFlare integration is coming to our shared, reseller, and VPS customers! Look for another announcement soon on that.
This gives you, really, just a hint of what we’re working on. There are lots of other things occupying our time, but we’re just not ready to talk about them yet! Until July, I leave you with this:
“The best way to predict your future is to create it.”
― Peter F. Drucker