State of Site5: October 2013
It is October! Another month has flown by here at Site5, and our team has been working hard to bring lots of improvements to the forefront. We value you, and we know you host with Site5 because of how seriously we take the trust you put into us and our services.
Here are some things we have been working on during the past month:
- We’re hiring several staff members so that we can open up 24×7 phone support! If you’re interested in working for Site5, just head over to the Careers page and see if there’s a position and shift you’re right for!
- We are testing out some new website builders in order to offer our customers a more user friendly solution. More news will be forthcoming!
- The design team is working on another free WordPress theme.
- We officially launched Atlanta, GA as a new hosting location offering shared, reseller, and Managed VPS hosting!
- We just unveiled bulk pricing for our malware protection service, making it much easier for you to protect multiple websites/domains.
- We’re in the very early stages of investigating a couple of different outbound anti-spam solutions. It’s something we are interested in if we can find a solution that fits into our systems.
- The web server, PHP, and Ruby environments have been overhauled and standardized to allow for faster deploys, which in turn allows us to introduce new features and versions to you in a quicker fashion.
- Our new billing system is coming along nicely. The software development and web development teams are working on the user interface now, and we’re very excited to see it in action soon.
- SiteAdmin has received a few updates:
- Customers now have the ability to manage individual filters when logging into webmail (where you see the list of webmail client options).
- Email auto-responders can now be started and stopped.
- Customers can now use “@” shorthand as an origin in TXT records.
- Existing users can now change their password in the MySQL interface, making changing your password faster and more convenient.
It’s a long list, but we have the team in place to make it all happen! Until next month, I leave you with this:
“I want you to be everything that’s you, deep at the center of your being.”