Contact Site5 / DMCA Requests
Please remember that you will be liable for damages caused by filing a DMCA request that is not valid, misrepresented, or under false pretenses. This includes both the costs to the other party and legal fees. Recently a company was ordered to pay $100,000 for trying to remove online materials that were protected by fair use so please take this warning seriously. We strongly recommend you contact a lawyer before filing any claims. You can read the legal case mentioned at the following URL:
If you wish to file a DMCA request, you must send the following to us via Fax or send via regular mail:
- Identify in detail where the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon is located. So for example the URL and further details on the specifics if it part of a page or website.
- Identify the materials that you claim are infringing your copyright such as if it is an image, page, or so on.
- Provide contact information so we can contact you. This includes an email, a phone number, and a mailing address.
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Sign the document and print your name under that.
- Send this document via email, fax, or mail.
You may also use the form below to submit a DMCA notice:
Any DMCA requests sent to us will be sent to a third party which will publish it and possibly annotate it. Your personal information will be removed as per privacy guidelines. The third party that will receive the document in addition to the accused party is Chilling Effects. You can see an example of such a publication at http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca512/notice.cgi?NoticeID=861.
Site5 will notify the accused party and allow them their right under DMCA procedure to respond or file a counter notification. If you have any questions feel free to let us know.
Anyone wishing to submit a DMCA request via email must attach a scan of the request as a signature is required:
2500 Ridgepoint Drive
Austin, TX 78754