We're committed to ensuring that we respect and protect our customers' privacy.
Who We Are
Site5 provides a variety of web presence solutions and related services (the "Services"). Site5 is a part of The Endurance International Group, Inc. ("Endurance"). Learn more about the Endurance corporate family.
The information that Site5 collects in connection with the Services is hosted on servers located in the United States (U.S.) unless otherwise provided, and may be processed or accessed outside of the European Economic Area countries by us or our service providers. By using the Services, you freely and expressly give Site5 your consent to export your information and data outside of the European Economic Area.
Information We Collect
We collect information in different ways from Users who utilize our Services, the network of websites accessible through our Services, or visit the Site5 website.
- Non-Personally Identifying Information. When Users visit the Site5 website, Site5 collects non-personally-identifying information including the browser type, IP address, geographic location, language preference, referring site, metadata about the Userâ€™s use, the pages the User views and the date and time of each visit to the Site5 website.
- Personally Identifying Information. Personally identifying information is any information that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you, which may include your name, email address, phone number and other non-public information that is associated with such information. It does not include aggregate information, anonymous information or any other non-personally identifiable information. The amount and type of personally identifying information that Site5 gathers depends on the nature of the interaction with the User. For example, we ask Visitors who choose to sign up for our newsletter for their name and email address while Customers are asked to provide additional information to process their purchases. Site5 may ask Customers to provide additional information beyond what was requested during their initial purchase if Site5 determines it is necessary to verify your identity or reduce fraud. Site5 does not disclose personally identifying information other than as described herein.
- Aggregated Statistics. Site5 may collect statistics about a Customerâ€™s use of the Services. For example, Site5 may collect the number of emails sent per month through the Services.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide the Services and as discussed in this section.
- Non-Personally Identifying Information. Site5 collects non-personally identifying information to better understand how Visitors use the Site5 website. Site5 may use aggregated and non-identifying information to promote advertisements that appear on the Site5 website and in connection with the Services.
- Personally Identifying Information. The information collected from Customers is used to manage each Customerâ€™s account and to promote other products or services that we believe may be of interest to the Customer. Site5 may also generate aggregate profiles from information that Customers provide during registration or subsequently as may be requested by Site5 (e.g. through customer surveys or additional services).
- Emails. If you have provided Site5 with your email address, Site5 may send you emails to tell you about new products or services, solicit your feedback, inform you of an outage or interruption in service, or just to keep you up to date with what's going on with Site5 and our products and services. If you send us a support request, we reserve the right to remove all personally identifiable information and publish such request on our website to help us support other Users.
- Passive Information. Passively collected information, such as information collected from or about your device including through the placement of cookies (described in further detail below) or other tracking technologies (as mentioned below) is used to provide a customized experience as you use the Services.
- User Analytics. Site5 may use the information it collects to do a better job of advertising and marketing our products and services, in connection with our security and compliance programs, to target prospective customers with our products or services, to assist us in offering you a personalized experience or otherwise tailor the Site5 website, product and service offerings to you.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information with the entities and brands within the Endurance corporate family to improve or offer new products or services that we believe may be of interest to our Users. We may also share personal information when we believe that such disclosure is required by law, to deliver a product or service, or as described below.
- Non-Personally Identifying Information. Site5 may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate. e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
- Personally Identifying Information. Site5 discloses personally identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that: (i) need to know such information in order to process it to provide the Services, and (ii) have agreed to keep such information confidential. Site5 will not rent or sell personally identifying information to anyone.
- Aggregated Statistics. Site5 may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Site5 does not disclose personally identifying information other than as described herein.
- Legal Reasons. We may access, preserve and share information about Users with companies, organizations, governmental entities or individuals outside of Site5 if we believe, in good faith, that the law requires us to do so. This may include, but is not limited to, responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes (such as law enforcement requests). We may also access, preserve and share information about Users as necessary to: (i) establish or exercise Site5â€™s legal rights or defend against any legal claim including threatened claims involving Site5 based on the anonymity of a domain name; (ii) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected fraud or other illegal activities; (iii) prevent death or serious physical harm to any person; or (iv) investigate violations of Site5's Terms of Service.
- Sale of Business. If Site5 is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets that results in a change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such change in ownership or use of your personal information as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Domain Registration. In certain jurisdictions or pursuant to the rules of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") or certain registries, the contact information you provide to register a domain name ("Domain Name Registration Information") has to be made available and accessible to the public through a "WHOIS" search. The WHOIS database is a publicly accessible database that lists the Domain Name Registration Information for a particular domain name, the name server(s) to which the domain name points, and the domain name's creation and expiration date. The Domain Name Registration Information you provide is hosted by us or a third party service provider and is made available to the public through WHOIS searches. At times, Customers may receive solicitations that result from searches of the publicly available WHOIS database by other companies or individuals. Any such solicitations or SPAM do not come from us and we do not control the use of WHOIS information by third parties. We may also deposit your Domain Name Registration Information with a third-party escrow provider to comply with ICANN requirements.
- Unsubscribe/Opt-out. When you become a Customer you are automatically subscribed to receive transactional notices about your account, email newsletters and news of special promotions offered through Site5 and/or in conjunction with our partners. To unsubscribe from Site5 newsletters and promotional mailings, please update your preferences in your customer dashboard or submit a ticket in Site5's customer area. You may also unsubscribe through the links provided in promotional email messages sent by us or our partners/affiliates. Customers are not permitted to unsubscribe from transactional notices.
- How to Access or Modify Your Information. We allow you to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information we have in our custody or control by accessing your personal profile in your account or by contacting support via email. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records. To ensure you receive the information you need to manage your account and protect your privacy, please be sure to keep your contact and billing information up to date. You can contact Site5 support by email at [email protected].
Last Modified on: June 1, 2017